November 11, 2008

Thursdays with Green and Syd

To better maintain our friendship, my homie Green and I decided to set aside a few Thursday nights each month where we'd eat dinner at one another's homes, accompanied by our significant others. I, however, think that Green and his fiance Syd Vicious have ulterior motives, mainly, that it's a good excuse to visit with Young Old. After the initial "Hi, how's life?" conversation, the night begins to center itself around giggling and cooing at the Young One, while Mama K hangs out in the kitchen, and I occupy myself with hanging tattered GZA posters in their bathroom, or slipping Michael Jordan voodoo dolls into the waiting arms of their Sergio Rodriguez gypsy doll. It's all good fun, though, and it's nice to see Young Old's Uncle Green taking an interest in him, wanting to be involved and all that goodie good stuff. And when they can tear themselves away from our cute tyke, we actually get around to a nice adult conversation, which is a vast improvement over Young Old and I's typical banter during our days together:

"Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewww."
"Really, that's interesting."
"Ack!!!"
"You don't say? I seem to recall someone telling me that a few years back." *GRUNTING*
"Then again, I could be wrong."
*CRYING*
"Ummmmm, is it my breath?"
*CRYING*
"Okay...leeet's see. Pheeeeeeeeeeewwwww. Buuuuurrrrrrrp. Gobbledygoooooooooooo." *CRYING STOPS*
"Ack. Cooooooooooooooooo."
"Spleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep. Cacacacacacacacacacacaca."
*GIGGLING*
Repeat for hours upon end.

So yeah, thanks Green and Syd for helping a friend remember how to use the human language, and being forgiving if I slip in a grunt or monosyllabic vowel hum here and there. A few photos from our last Thursday ritual:

===================


Already shaping up to be a fine role model, Uncle Green.
Uncle Green and Aunt Syd, meet Young Vomit.

No comments:

Post a Comment